30 November 2009

Weekly Records

A new feature for the Regular Express:

Aside from whatever singles/movies/fact/crap I decide to post about, I am also planning to select approximately 5-10 albums per week, give them a couple spins each, and offer an opinion of them. I've been doing this for a little while on my own, and it's allowed me to actively listen to the things I haven't given enough of a chance or new stuff that I've been meaning to listen to.

The records for this week include

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food
Felt - Forever Breathes the Lonely Word
M. Ward - Transfiguration of Vincent
Lightning Bolt - Earthly Delights
Fela Kuti - Confusion/Gentleman
Real Estate - s/t

and possibly

Them Crooked Vultures - s/t
Julian Casablancas - Phrazes for the Young

And by the way, I got to see Lightning Bolt last weekend. Best show of the year. I felt like I was under water afterward. Three cheers for tinnitus!

0 comments: